Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Barack Obama is a transfer, too


In Today's New York Times there's an article telling a story in which Barack Obama is a transfer too! He arrived New York City in August 1981, hailing from Occidental College in California, to attend Columbia College.He would later became that guy passed out in an alley on 109th street in his first night and bounced from apartment to apartment like other transfer students, including me, do. He would spend days and nights in the library and super focused on his study of political science and international studies. He had had a pakistani roommate on 94th. And at last he graduated with distinction and dude is running for the president now! I feel a lot of similarity and parallel between his stories and mine: The city living, the transfer experience, the allnighters. But he is this very determining guy. I would somehow magically sleep through the whole day and felt bad about missing the day. Maybe time is hard to manage; maybe I can manage my energy. How much energy I should spend on doing this and that. Recently i felt there's an energy drain to make me dysfunctional. I need to find out a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home