Monday, October 22, 2007

R.I.P. Craig Murphey



Craig Murphey died in a traffic accident on October 18th in Brooklyn while riding his fixie bike. I don't know him at all, but I do feel this tight connection with other bikers in the city after my heoric/bold job as a bike messenger. Gothamist actually showed his blog and his memorial site and even his MySpace site. After reading this, I believe everyone will feel attached to him, becasue you just been through par of his life, thank to the technology which provided us these very very personal sites. He seems to be a very open mided guy who found a lifestyle which he loved. I mean, if I happened to get to know him, I don't mind to have a beer with him somewhere in new york and we both can complain how bad the traffic is. By browsing thorugh his friend's comments, I found they have this naturalistic attitude towards his death too. Everything seems to be part of life. As if yes clearly we missed him, but we do remember him driniking with us. Not quite emotional but opwerful than being emotional.

It reminds me rent, which, too, happened in new york. Remember the poeple who are there no more, and feel our responsibility and right to live a great life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home