Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ode to bryant park

Rainy day. Last night it rained pretty heavily. I walked down the street, soaked completely, singing "raindrops keep falling on my head", enjoying a moment of being myself. Today for some reason I went to 42nd street library, feeling great, then I went to bryant part to enjoy the serenity after rain.

A couple of parks I liked. The park close to my house in bejing, called the garden of purple bamboos, once a royal garden, accompanied me throughout my childhood. So many memories there. The back garden, pavilion, lake and the rain when I was still in kindergarten. Fragrant Moutain is a place where takes 1 hour of bike riding, we had our elementary school friends reunion twice there. Very famous in the city. In New York I live by flushing meadow crona park for three years now. It is the place where they held 3 times world affair; next to shea stadium; two lakes, once of them is wild; the unisphere... Then the rest of them are this Bryant park and central park. In Binghamton there's a nature preserve right above the school on top of the mountain. I like it when after raining the smoke surrounded the mountain, whit geese flying by; and eagles, cozily viewing the world underneath it, all reflected by the still pond.

yet I'm in the city now. the jungle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home