Monday, February 13, 2006

memories

I found this mini disk brought from beijing when I was collecting my old stuff. I saw pictures of my grandpa's funeral in it. pshh, what to say? well, it is very touching when watching it, things like my grandpa's suffering and the death and the muslim ceremony with imam and everyone wearing a little white cap. I never had so much of a connection with him actually, I used to live with my grandma all the time and they were divorced as early as during the cultural revolution. We lived in the same apartment building, but I never realize that grandpa and grandma are supposed to be a couple when I was young. He had an interesting history my grandma talked very little about, and we seemed to share many characteristics together. For example: ver easy to get irritated and stubborness. I remember some vignettes when my dad and I went to his home to play majiang ( the chinese gambling game). I was sitting on my dad's lap, grabbing the majiang cube forhim, then he won and my grandpa got angry for some reason whichI could not recall, and he flipped the desk over in front of everybody. hehe, I'm like the same temper. Grandpa was caring and very healthy. I remembered he ate a who fried chicken along with some shots of liquor by himself alone. I remember when I arm-wrestled with him I never won, even at the time Iwas like 14 and he was 70 ish. well, that's my grandpa. He was a photographer. A good photographer.

Then on the minidisc it comes to the pictures taken when I came back home last sommer, in beijing airport. I saw me my mom, two twin cousins, my friend, and my uncle, heis the one who made this disc and took all the pictures in it. Then I saw another of my relative's comming back, they lives in greensboro, NC. They are all nice. I visited their house once. hmm, two years ago, maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home