Sunday, February 05, 2006

saturday's activities



woke up at 12:30 to catch the 1pm tree climbing trip. I was exhausted at the beginning with no food in my stomach, and worn out when we climb up to the half of the mountain where the three chestnut oak trees we are going to climb are. Well bad grammar but I didn't lost you ey? Due to the typical weather of binghamton (sky color is either gray or dark gray), we expected the rain. I volunteered for the prusik knot style climbing---more pirmitive, since other guys are using modern deviced and all I got were 2 short think ropes on which dangling my life. It was altight at the beginning. While it got to the midway the rain became heavy and my prusik rope got wet and they were extremely tough to move upward, and my harness kept loosing. When I realized that I wasn't making progress I had to call the emergency help to get me down. they dropped another rope from the canopy and hooked me onto it with a decender. Well as you see I am still alive so it's all worked fine. The only lost in this trip was that I shivered all my body heat off in the cold rain.



In the evening I went to a pretty original chinese party for all graduate student and profesors who came from china. Free food. Notihng more I can agree on. I found chinese people are shy, is it their problem or I have since changed? the chinese-after-party! hehe, nothing much but badminton which is one of my most favorite sport.

Then latenite binghamton. There was a good band playing--(I'm copying down their name from the cd I bought afterward) jen kearney and the lost onion. the lady plays th vocal is very ...powerful in sound. Their rhythm is catchy and exciting too. I'll keep an eye on them see if there's be famous one day.

ok that's it. ciao. I'll get some sleep and unwind my thoguhts. go closer to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home