Friday, December 23, 2005

Your Dignity Sir

Dignity, and a proper way of life which shows who you are, is what we have forgotten in the pop world of 21st centuary. And here I'm not really asking everyone to be gentlmen and ladies. But I would suggest here that we shall look for them inside of us.
My grandma once told me she thought of training me to a little gentleman when I was young; I never fell in this category. Partly it was because of chinese culture in which I grew up; it doesn't have an image of a gentlemen as western stories tell, but certainly gentleness is defined in another form. We all have read those stories, in which a gentleman, such as zoro or Robin Hood or one of the maskteers, fought for his dignity and took his responsibility. And of course, nevertheless we've seen those posh gentlemanish figures who proceed a fake gentleness, a fake sophisticated hypocrite. Many of us therefore think of a gentlman some cream-faced guy who cares too much about details of daily life. In my opinion a real gentleman carries a spirit of seriously pursuing his dream, carring a great responsibilitiy of what he is doing, and loving the world that he is living in. That would lead to a proper manner, which can't be faked.
Recently I've found, actually so recent that after readingh a novel and watching a zoro movie tonight, that myself went away from my gentleman standard during the past half year. Maybe I was too acquainted by the TV shows and this Americanish laid-back attitude (i.e. yo duude wssup? nah, chillin). I begin to think of what I've lost in my life that could result in a change of my view of the world. And thought about this dignity notion.
There are many hardships in ones life especially ones who have dreams. Dreams, or your ideal, would be your destiny, and your curse, in the pursue of which. I'm sure that there will be loads of obstacles that lay in front of me on my road of pursuing my dreams. In these two and half years in America I was used to them and somehow stupefied by them. They irritated me, even as little as losing a point or two could irritate me. Should tell myself that take the resposibility and no complians, if I've chosen the road I'm going through.
Your dignity sir, Pick it up!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

myf, where is the weird message??? i can't find it....

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home